Well, to start a new portion of my blogs will be going through a current carpentry project for Hubley Painting. Ready for the ride?
Today we began rebuilding a customers deck in Hopkinton Massachusetts.
We will be:
1) Removing the railing sections off of the deck, which includes the handrails and balusters
2) Rebuilding a decorative composite sleeve around the framed posts of the railing to enhance their appearance
3) Once the handrails and balusters are removed, we will clean, stain, and reinstall each piece
4) Power wash the deck floor to remove mold, mildew, dirt, etc
5) Replace the deck skirt board
6) And best of all, removing the old lattice, building a better frame, installing two gates, one on each side of the deck, and installing an new cedar privacy lattices which are 3/4 inches thick.
Phase 1: Remove all old pieces of wood, handrails, and balusters